Saturday, September 25, 2010

Movin' On

It's announcement time! I started THITD to have an outlet for my thoughts and opinions about the greatest franchise in sports, the Detroit Red Wings. Despite the fact that I started Red Wing blog number 486, everyone I've met has been amazing and supportive, and I really feel like I have been welcomed into the Red Wing Community with open arms. I've been a part of some wonderful debates and conversations regarding our team, and while I have not always agreed with everybody, the debates have confirmed to me that we all have one thing in common: we all adore the Red Wings. But, all good things must come to an end, so as of this writing, I am closing up shop here at THITD.

Now, now. Dry your eyes, gentle reader. I'm not going anywhere. Well, I guess technically, I am. I have been approached to join Winging it in Motown as a writer, and they made me an offer I could not refuse (free Tim Horton's coffee for a year). So, I will be taking my fists of fury over there. I have seen many people join up with other sites, and in their "farewell" post on their original blog they always say something to the effect of "I'll still be here, but I may not post as much". I'm not going to bullshit you: I've heard from others and learned first hand that maintaining 2 blogs is ridiculously hard, and it's just not going to happen, not when I already have a full time job I neglect, a wife who will ask me 82 times "the Red Wings are on again?"* , and 2 daughters who will be very sick of their father telling them "That's Pavel Datsyuk. He just made that other guy look very stupid". So, I'm boarding up the windows, locking the doors, pouring out a can of gasoline and burning this motherfucker to the ground.

To those that have read and commented on my ramblings, a sincere thank you. I've enjoyed having a place to rant about my love of the Red Wings (both past and present), my hatred for the Blackhawks, and anything else that has occurred in the NHL universe in the past 5 months. My only real goal was to entertain you, and I hope I have succeeded. A blog is just an inner monologue typed out if there are no readers, and I've enjoyed interacting with you, hearing your thoughts and sharing your stories. I hope that you'll check me out over at WIM, as we hope to bring you a lot of cool things over the course of this season. I'll still be around twitter, because that damn thing has taken over my life (ironic considering 6 months ago I swore it was the dumbest thing ever invented).

* (Editors note: My wife read this and said that she will only say this 50 times, not 82)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I only found you when you started your 19 favorite Wings in your time, and have stayed on reading your writing because I like it. Will continue to follow you on WIM for bigger and better ranting.

    -wingsluver4ever

    ReplyDelete